The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (“TheWallis”), seeks a dynamic and skilled human resources professional to oversee the development and implementation of all human resources programs and services for the company, including talent acquisition, employee development, retention, legal compliance, benefits, labor/employee relations, employment practices and procedures, and employee communications. This position works closely with members of the Senior Management team.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our team.
· Ensure HR policies/compliance are applied consistently and comprehensively and that documentation is maintained. Maintains and updates Employee Handbook and other HR publications, as necessary.
· Advises supervisors and employees on policies and procedures related to personnel management, providing recommendations for training or additional actions as appropriate.
· Serve as management point of contact for employee claims for workers compensation, unemployment, paid family leave, disability, etc.
· Serve as point of contact for employee questions or complaints, including HR policies, benefits, reports of sexual harassment, or other misconduct by co-workers or supervisors.
· Conduct initial investigations confer with legal counsel as appropriate.
· Offer consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues.
· Assist in communications between employees and supervisors, corrective action and planning, disciplinary actions. Ensure employee disciplinary action is conducted in a consistent manner and is properly documented.
· Coordinate employee social engagement and morale building activities.
· Work directly with managers to recruit, interview, select and hire staff, including developing, implementing and continuously improving a comprehensive on-boarding program for new employees.
· Assist Finance staff in preparation, tracking and reporting for semi-monthly payroll.
· Manage employee exit / termination process; conduct or participate in exit interviews.
· Maintain and update personnel files.
· Ensure employee evaluations are conducted and documented. Assist supervisors in developing employee goals and systems of evaluation or measurement.
· Manage Health & Welfare benefits.
· Maintain log of employee job descriptions and organization chart.
· Coordinate employee policy and procedure training for safety, sexual harassment, etc. Maintain updated documentation showing compliance with policies.
· Coordinate training for supervisors on best practices regarding employee supervision, labor codes, etc.
· Advise management of changes in federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to employees and the workplace environment.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree and 5 – 7 years HR management experience as a generalist.
· Knowledge of best practices and methodology related to the operations of a Human Resources Department; understanding principles of benefits administration, recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, employee relations, training and labor laws.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration; current Federal, State, and local employment law; principles of organization and management.
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, skills
· Excellent negotiation, problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills;
· Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Thorough familiarity with Outlook and Word required
· Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
· PHR or SPHR a plus.
We offer a generous benefits package. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
If you would like to become part of our team and are looking for opportunities for growth and longevity, please submit your resume to dawn@KaplanHR.com
The Wallis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.