SUMMER MULTIDISCIPLINARY PERFORMING ARTS INTENSIVE
Jun 26, 2023 - Aug 4, 2023
FOR STUDENTS AGES 8 - 16!
Students will engage in daily dance, music, and theater classes with their age/peer group, while rehearsing for a culminating ticketed performance. Every week, performers, designers, technicians, and musical theater professionals will provide master classes, in addition to a performing arts curriculum that will enrich their summer experience at The Wallis. The program is designed to hone students’ creativity and intelligence, foster collaboration and compassion and build community. Students will think critically, problem-solve and become active and good listeners. The program culminates with a revue performance for friends and family at our largest venue on campus, the Bram Goldsmith Theater!
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
After-Care available from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
9390 N. Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Rising Stars: 8-10
Shooting Stars: 11-13
Shining Stars: 14-16
Broadway Junior Revue: Raise Your Voice
Friday, August 4, 2023 at 7:30 PM
Bram Goldsmith Theater @ The Wallis
QUESTIONS? Take a look at our FAQ's below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM: CLASS 1
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: Break
10:45 AM - 12:00 AM: CLASS 2
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM: Lunch
12:45 PM - 2:15 PM: CLASS 3
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM: Break
2:30 PM - 4:00: CLASS 4
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Pick-Up
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM: Optional After Care (for an extra fee)
The Wallis will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023 in observance of Independence Day.
Kelly Ciurczak, Dance Instructor
Drew Lewis, Music Instructor
Pat Taylor, Program Coordinator
For their safety, all students must be signed-in and out of the intensive each day. Students may be dropped off after 8:30 AM. Students must be picked up no later than 4:30 PM.
A late pick-up fee will be charged if students are picked up after 4:30 PM. After-Care may be arranged from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM for an additional fee of $150/week.
2. The After-Care program fee is $150 per week. A fee of $50 will be charged for each instance of late pick-up (after 4:30 PM) for students who are not enrolled in the After-Care program.
3. No-risk early bird pricing and full pricing guarantee full refund if canceled before May 1, 2023. Partial refunds withholding $500 commitment fee available from May 2 - June 2, 2023. No refunds on or after June 3, 2023.
4. Need-based scholarships/financial assistance is available for qualifying students. Financial assistance applications may be obtained via email through Pat Taylor (email@example.com). Families are responsible for paying any balances not covered by financial assistance awards.
The Intensive will provide daily snacks and water. If your child has food allergies or dietary restrictions, we recommend that you provide your child with an alternative snack and please let us know. Students must bring their own lunch.
1. Daily attendance is required for the full 6-week Intensive.
2. Students will treat all people and property with respect.
3. Students will support, encourage and work cooperatively with their peers.
4. Students will be prepared to participate fully and learn as this will ensure a successful experience.
5. Students will follow directions from teachers in the classroom and Wallis staff members while on campus.
1. Students will follow directions from teachers in the classroom and all Wallis staff members while on campus.
2. Students are not permitted to tease or bully other students. Reports of bullying or other serious violations of the rules will be investigated by The Wallis staff, who will determine the appropriate follow-up action.
3. Cellphones must remain put away during class time and breaks.
4. Taking photographs or videotaping is not allowed.
5. Class rules and campus policies will be reviewed on the first day of classes.
Students are expected to follow all directions given by teachers and Intensive staff and to fully participate in the program. Students will be given one warning before a time out (written slip) will be given. Written slips will be recorded and given to a staff member who will make copies to notify parents. A first infraction of the rules will result in a time out (written report). A second infraction will result in the removal of the child from class and a phone call to a parent/guardian by the Intensive Director. The third infraction will result in a call to parent/guardian in order for the child to be picked up and or asked not to return. For serious violations of the rules and expectations, immediate suspension and/or removal from camp may be administered.
Refunds are not given for children unable to participate in classes due to disciplinary problems.
The Wallis believes in providing access to the arts. To apply for a need-based partial scholarship, please request a scholarship application on your registration form and a Wallis staff member will reach out. Scholarships will be awarded on a first, come, first served basis beginning on April 3, 2023.
As the COVID landscape continues to change, effective 2/3/23, The Wallis will follow the newly released recommendations (1/31/23) from Los Angeles County and discontinue our current COVID policy.
1. Masks are no longer required in our spaces; they are optional for all who enter.
2. Effective immediately, daily testing is discontinued.
3. Masking and testing will be reinstated only as required by State, Federal, or Local Government or agreed-upon Union MOUs.
Please check back regularly for up-to-date organization-wide policies.